Location: Railroad Park
Check-in Time: 9:00 AM
Event Begins: 10:00 AM
Event Ends: 1:00 PM
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
Options for participation:
- Register as Participant or as a Fundraising Participant (T-shirt, ‘I am Walking for’ Lanyard and EHB 2019 Plastic Bracelet included)
- $20 for Online Registration before event
- PROMO Code of $3 off available to Members of ‘The Coalition’. If you would like to become a member and receive your code, click HERE.
- Day of Registration – Walk T-shirts on Sale for $20, Lanyards on sale for $5, Bracelets on sale for $1 (While supplies last, no guarantee)
- If you would like to participate, but do not want a T-shirt or Lanyard, you can walk FREE and there is no need to register.
Every Registered Participant will receive an END HEROIN BHAM T-shirt, a ‘I’m Walking For’ Lanyard and a plastic bracelet.
You will have an option to register as either:
- A Participant or
- A Fundraising participant
As a fundraising participant, you will be given the option to form a team and all the information and tools needed to recruit your team and walk together.
If you cannot be at the walk, but want to be a part of the movement, you are welcome to register as well.
A portion of the proceeds from the walk will be used to provide scholarships for substance abuse treatment locally.
A huge THANK YOU to Participants like you for investing in the future and partnering with the Addiction Prevention Coalition with our dream of ending Substance use disorder in our community!
Recovery Centers– If you would like to bring a group to walk, please click HERE and let us know how we can contact you to get your group signed up.
Online registration closes at 12:00 Noon CST on Friday, February 22. However, anyone who would like to participate can join us at the walk. Walk donations are accepted until March 31, 2019.
For those who want to pick up their T-shirts prior to the Walk, please join our Facebook group and watch for Date / Time / Locations where you can come by and pick those us.
The walk will be held at Railroad Park, which is located at 1600 1st Avenue South, Birmingham, Alabama 35233. You can walk as little or as much as you’d like. The walk is non-competitive.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Encourage everyone you know to REGISTER, DONATE, and JOIN the movement to save lives!
Please help promote the event through your social media outlets! #EndHeroinBham. Share your story about why you walk!
PAWS FOR PREVENTION
Friendly, leashed dogs are welcome at the event. When you register, you may also purchase an END HEROIN BHAM bandana for $5 for your furry friend that can be picked up the day of the walk.
- Kickoff and speakers
- Complimentary water
- Walk Teams recognition
- ‘I am Walking for’ Lanyards to wear and share your story
- NARCAN Training
- Prevention Education Tents
- Recovery Resource Tables
- Food Trucks